Cooking pasta can seem an easy peasy lemon squeezy task in the kitchen, a basic dish, and for many it is, but have you ever wondered: “Is my pasta really good or just average?”. Today we teach you how to cook pasta like a pro, using the quick tips below.
Some quick & useful cooking tips
- Fresh pasta takes maximum 2-3 minutes to cook.
- Cooking times vary on the shape, type and amount of pasta.
- No oil should be added to the water where you boil the pasta.
- Stuffed pasta (example: Ravioli) rises to the surface, floating when ready.
- Avoid doing a cold-water rinse on your pasta when it’s done cooking. Why? Because it takes the delicious, salty flavor away and you don’t want that to happen!
Step by step
- Choose a large, roomy pot to use for boiling. Don’t forget it’s important the pasta has space to move, so avoid tight pots.
- Add a lot of water because pasta needs plenty of it to be totally submerged. Keep in mind that if the pasta is outside of the water, then it’s not properly cooked.
- Salt, salt and… salt! If your instinct tells you to add a little salt, don’t listen to it. Add at least a tablespoon of salt. It will give the pasta such a good flavor that you won’t believe it!
- Wait for the water to be fully boiled, so the pasta can get well-cooked and tasty. When the water is fully boiled, add the pasta into it slowly.
- Keep on stirring like you’re exercising on hand day at the gym. Forget about your favourite TV series or show and stay near the pot for as much as it takes. Stir the pasta at least 2-3 times during the cooking.
- Check the pasta if it’s ready 2 minutes before. Test the pasta’s doneness by biting one strand of it. You don’t want it to be overcooked, yet not undone.
- Save a scoop of pasta for the fire sauce you will make after. It will bind the sauce and pasta together so well!
- The final step is to drain the pasta, add the tasty sauce and enjoy it with your family and friends.
Now you know how to cook pasta like a pro and can start enjoying the real flavors of pasta. Good luck!
- Dé perfecte pasta koken doe je zo! Met deze negen tips lukt het altijd!